My Photo
Name:
Location: Amersfoort, Netherlands

I am a 40-something housewife that loves to make my home a cheerful place for my husband and myself. I love working each day on my handwork and inspiring others to unlock their creative muses. I have a blog where I write about my handwork and one in which I write about the changing seasons and things around my home and garden. Please stop by and visit me. While there, don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Step One

Backstitch a continuous line around the edge of the shape of the stitched piece you will make into the pinkeep. This will determine the finished size so carefully plan where the backstitches where you would like you stitches to be made. Try to match the (DMC) thread you are using to the trim you have chosen. This will ensure that the stitching won’t be visible once the pinkeep is finished.

In the sample piece, I have chosen to backstitch 6 threads or 3 stitches from the finished stitching. Your stitched piece will largely determine the size of course. If you want to use a stitched piece for the back also, backstitch this in the same way being careful that both pieces are the same size when backstitched. Fabric backing will not need stitched.

Iron the piece and trim to ¾-inch from the backstitching. Cut fabric backing to the same size.

1 Comments:

Blogger nela said...

Gracias bello momtaje

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home